Learn more about proposed wildfire policy in this article in which Lluvia Merello, Energy Justice Organizer was quoted.
No War With Iran: Things You Can Do Right Now
- Call Congress now: Congress must act to prevent another catastrophic war in the Middle East. Several bills are in the works that would prevent the President from going to war without Congressional authorization and may be voted on in the next week. Oregon Senators Wyden and Merkley have both made statements opposing escalation and insisting on Congressional war powers, as have Congresspeople Blumenauer, Bonamici, and DeFazio. Call and thank them for doing everything they can to prevent war. Unfortunately, Congresspeople Schrader and Walden have been silent. If you live in their districts, call and insist that they speak up for peace, diplomacy, and the Constitution, which gives Congress, not the President, the power to decide to go to war. Congressional switchboard: (202) 224-3131
- Save the date: Saturday, January 25th, International Day of Action: No War with Iran. We’ll share more as local events develop
2020 Greenfield Peace Writing Scholarship submission instructions
Nuclear Ban Treaty & Diplomacy with Iran
- Read: Portland City Council Passes Resolutions Supporting Nuclear Ban Treaty & Diplomacy with Iran
- To watch the Portland City Council hearing on the nuclear ban and No war on Iran resolution click on this link.
- View more photos on Oregon PSR's Facebook page